- Four (4) original copies of the duly accomplished application form signed by the parents or the child, if already of age (at least 18 years old) at the time of report;
- One (1) original/certified true copy and four (4) photocopies of Birth Certificate issued by the US Vital Records Office;
- One (1) original/certified true copy and four (4) photocopies of Report of Marriage of Parents, if married abroad, issued by the proper Philippine Consulate or Embassy or the National Statistics Office (NSO) or Certificate of Marriage, if married in the Philippines, issued by the NSO. Marriage Certificates from NSO may be obtained through its website at www.ecensus.com.ph;
- One (1) original/certified true copy and four (4) photocopies of Proof of Philippine Citizenship of either parent at time of birth of the child such as his/her Philippine Passport issued at the time of child’s birth or original or certified copy of Certificate of Naturalization or US immigration status;
- If application for report is filed more than one (1) year after birth of the child, an original and four (4) photocopies of the Notarized Affidavit of Explanation for delayed registration by the Applicant and the Notarized Affidavit of Two Disinterested Persons attesting to the identity and relationship of the Filipino child to the Filipino parent/s
- Payment of non-refundable processing fee of US$25.00 (if applying by mail, only money order, certified or cashier’s check payable to the Philippine Consulate General New York; personal check is not accepted);
- The Consular Officer may require additional proof or documents from applicant to determine the child’s citizenship, identity, or eligibility for registration of birth under Philippine laws.
- Download Report of Birth Application Form
- Download Report of Marriage Application Form
METHODS OF FILING AND PERSONS WHO CAN FILE THE REPORT
- By personal appearance at the Consulate of one of the parents or the child if already of age; or
- By personal appearance of a duly authorized representative of the parents or the child of age at the consulate. The application must still be duly signed by the parents or the child of age and also notarized; or
- By mail or courier service . The application must still be duly signed by the parents or the child of age and also notarized. A self-addressed prepaid Express Mail envelope of the United States Postal Service must be included. Do not use metered stamps or P.O. Box return address.
All applicants must comply with the above requirements. Otherwise, their application will be denied and returned to the applicant.
Subject: (Insert Name of Applicant) - Report of Birth Sent on (Insert Date of Mailing of Application)
The Consulate is NOT RESPONSIBLE for delay or loss in mail or any other uncontrollable circumstances surrounding submission of your documents.