Report of Marriage

  • PDF


Under Philippine law, all vital events such as birth, marriage, death, must be recorded at the Philippine Consulate / Embassy which has jurisdiction over the place where the vital event took place.  PCGNY has jurisdiction over New York, New Jersey, New Hampshire, Connecticut, Pennsylvania, Massachusetts, Delaware, Vermont, Maine, and Rhode Island.


  • Four (4) original duly accomplished Report of Marriage Contracted Abroad form signed by the husband and wife;
  • Four (4) identical passport-size colored photographs for each of the spouses in white or royal blue background taken within the last six months;
  • One (1) original and four (4) photocopies of the Marriage Certificate or Record showing the number of marriages contracted by the parties and issued by the Office of the Vital Records or any other appropriate office of the State where the marriage took place. If the number of contracted marriages do not show, one certified copy and two regular copies of the marriage license showing the number of marriage must be additionally submitted;
  • If the former spouse is deceased, one (1) original/certified true copy and four (4) photocopies of the death certificate and the marriage certificate with the deceased spouse;
  • If divorced/previous marriage is annulled by a foreign court, the foreign judgement must be recognized by a Philippine Court.  Present one (1) original and four (4) copies of the Annotated Marriage Certificate issued by the NSO;
  • If previous marrige is annulled in the Philippines, present one (1) original and four (4) copies of the final order issued by the Philippine RTC and one (1) original and four (4) copies of the Annotated Marriage Certificate issued by the NSO;
  • One (1) original/certified true copy and four (4) photocopies of current valid passport or State-issued driver license of the contracting parties;
  • Payment of non-refundable processing fee of US$25.00 (if applying by mail, only money order, certified or cashier’s check payable to the Philippine Consulate General New York; personal check is not accepted); and
  • A piece of paper with contact details of the applicant/s: Name, Mobile Number, Landline Number, and/or or email address (preferably not hand written)
  • If application for report is filed more than a year after the date of marriage, an original and four (4) photocopies of the Notarized Affidavit of Explanation for delayed registration by the applicants

       NOTE: The Consular Officer may require additional proof or documents from the applicant/s to determine their citizenship, identity or eligibility for registration of marriage under Philippine laws.

Download Application for Report of Marriage


Provided that all required documents are in order, same-day or next-day processing of ROM can be expected.


  • By personal appearance at the Consulate of the reporting spouse. The signature of the non-appearing spouse must be duly notarized in the application form; or
  • By mail or courier service. The application must still be duly signed by both spouses and also notarized. A self-addressed prepaid Express Mail envelope of the United States Postal Service must be included. Do not use metered stamps or P.O. Box return address.

All applicants must comply with the above requirements. Otherwise, their application will be denied and returned to the applicant/s at their own cost.

On applications by mail, the Consulate General daily receives voluminous applications for civil registration. Following up your application over the phone may only disrupt the processing of your application and cause unnecessary delay. If you have not received a copy of your report of marriage after two weeks from mailing your application to the Consulate General within the United States, please email us at This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it with the following subject line:

Subject: (Insert Name of Applicant) - Report of Marriage Sent on (Insert Date of Mailing of Application)

The Consulate is NOT RESPONSIBLE for delay or loss in mail or any other uncontrollable circumstances surrounding submission of your documents.