Minor Travelling to the Philippines

Children who are not Philippine passport holders and under fifteen (15) years of age who intend to travel to the Philippines, unaccompanied by or not coming to a parent, must secure Waiver of Exclusion Ground (WEG) from the Bureau of Immigration office in Manila upon their arrival. (Excluded from this requirement are those who have already acquired lawful residence in the Philippines and those who have been issued reentry permit.)

Parents of these children are required to execute an Affidavit of Consent, Guarantee and Request for the Issuance of the Waiver of Exclusion Ground (WEG) at the Consulate General. The fee for the affidavit is US$25.00

The Affidavit must be submitted to Head Supervisor of the Bureau of Immigration at the port of entry in the Philippines, together with the following:

  • o   Original and photocopy of the birth certificate of the child;
  • o   Photocopy of the data page of the child’s passport; and
  • o   Photocopy of passport of accompanying adult or guardian.

Appropriate WEG fee should be paid the Bureau of Immigration upon arrival in the Philippines.

NOTE: WEG application filed at the Philippine port of entry requires the applicant to leave the passport with the Bureau of Immigration, which will be released only after the WEG is secured.

Parents and guardians of children applying for WEG must check if their children are required to apply for visa at the Consulate General before leaving for the Philippines. If so, they must submit separate visa applications for their children.


Minor children (unmarried and below 15 years old) with Philippine ancestry, who will travel to the Philippines accompanied by a Philippine grandfather, grandmother, guardian or relative, are exempt from waivers of exclusion and waiver of exclusion service fees. Thus, they do not need to apply for WEG at the port of entry. However, the accompanying travel companions of these minor children with Philippine ancestry are required to submit proof of the children’s Philippine ancestry to the Bureau of Immigration at the port of entry.

The mother or father of these minor children is also advised to execute an Affidavit of Consent to Travel, for submission to the Bureau of Immigration. The affidavit should state the name of the children’s travel companion and the latter’s relations with the children. The Affidavit has to be executed at the Philippine Consulate General.