The marriage between Filipinos or between a Filipino and a foreign national should be reported and registered with the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) through the Philippine Embassy/Consulate General which has jurisdiction over the locality where the event took place.

ONLY marriages that took place in the following states can be registered or reported at the Philippine Consulate General in New York: (1) Connecticut, (2) Delaware, (3) Maine, (4) Massachusetts, (5) New Hampshire, (6) New Jersey, (7) New York, (8) Pennsylvania, (9) Rhode Island, and (10) Vermont.

For marriages that happened in other U.S. states, please click the Consulate Finder to find out which Philippine Embassy or Consulate can assist you, what the hours of operation are, and how to reach it.

Basic Requirements

Report of Marriage Form (Notarized)

The wife should indicate her maiden surname as her last name.

The husband and wife should accomplish and sign the four (4) ROM applications. The forms must be duly notarized by any US notary public.

For instruction on how to fill out the form, please click here.

Marriage Contract or Certificate issued by US vital records

Submit one (1) original/CTC and (3) photocopies.

The marriage contract or certificate must bear information on the number of marriages contracted by both parties. If the number of marriages does not appear on the marriage contract/certificate, please submit Marriage Record/License as an additional requirement.

Proof of Filipino Citizenship of Applicant/s at the time of marriage

Submit one (1) original/CTC and (3) photocopies.

Samples of proof of Filipino citizenship are: US Naturalization Certificate, US Permanent Resident Card, Valid Visa or Work Permit; or Dual Citizenship papers (Identification Certificate and Approval Order)

Birth Certificates of Husband and Wife

Submit one (1) original/CTC and (3) photocopies.

Foreign birth certificate of the alien spouse; PSA-issued birth certificate of the Filipino spouse

Valid Passports or IDs of Husband & Wife

Submit one (1) Certified True Copy or CTC and (3) photocopies.

Valid passports or IDs of HUSBAND and WIFE who is filing the application.

Affidavit of Delayed Registration (Notarized)

Required if application is filed more than one (1) year after the marriage.

Must be executed and signed by both parties and duly notarized by any US notary public. Submit four (4) original signed and notarized affidavit.

Additional Requirements
(in case one or both parties have previous marriage)

If Widow or Widower:

PSA Death Certificate

Submit one (1) original/CTC and (3) photocopies.

If Annulled

Amended PSA Marriage Certificate, with Annotation of Annulment

Submit one (1) original/CTC and (3) photocopies.

Judicial Decree of Annulment

Submit one (1) original/CTC and (3) photocopies.

Certificate of Finality

Submit one (1) original/CTC and (3) photocopies.

If Foreign Spouse was previously married to another foreigner

Foreign Divorce Decree

If the Filipino Citizen was previously married to a foreigner and a divorce was validly obtained abroad by the alien spouse

*Foreign Divorce Decree Duly Recognized by the Philippine Court.

There is no divorce in the Philippines, but when a divorce is validly obtained abroad by an alien spouse from his or her Filipino spouse, the Filipino spouse shall have the capacity to remarry under Philippine law. However, the divorce obtained abroad must be passed upon judicially by a Philippine court, to prove its validity, before the Filipino spouse can remarry under Philippine law.

The decision of the Philippine Court shall become the basis for the annotation on Philippine-issued Civil Registry documents.

Please see below the guidelines on the Annotation of Foreign Divorce Decree with the Office of the Civil Registrar General in the Philippines.

The Consular Officer reserves the right to require additional documents from the informant or applicant. 

Submit application via email

Send one copy each of the documentary requirements listed below to for pre-assessment

The Consulate assesses the completeness of the emailed submission.

Mail the Report of Marriage (ROM) Application packet

Once emailed documents have been determined to be complete and in order by the Consular Officer, the informant mails to the Consulate the ROM Application packet (please see below the contents of the packet), taking note of the envelope’s tracking number. Address the mail to:

Civil Registry Unit (Report of Marriage)
Philippine Consulate General
556 Fifth Avenue, New York, NY 10036

Covering Letter

Include a covering letter (handwritten or typed), addressed to the Civil Registry Unit, indicating the consular service requested, name of person filing the application, including the person’s mobile number and email address.

Complete Documentary Requirements

Arrange documents in this order. Please refer below to the corresponding number of documents to be submitted.


Processing Fee: $25.00 (ROM); $25.00 (per Affidavit)

Payment should be in the form of money order or cashier’s check payable to the Philippine Consulate General. Do not send cash by mail. Personal checks are not accepted.

Return Envelope

A self-addressed pre-paid stamped envelope, preferably USPS Priority Mail, with tracking number, must be included when sending the application. Do not use metered stamps or P.O. Box Return Address. Do not use Fedex.

The Philippine Consulate General assumes no responsibility for any delay or loss in the mail, or while the documents are in the custody of the courier service. The applicant should note the tracking numbers of all envelopes used and submitted.

Ensure that all submitted requirements are correct and in order. Otherwise, incomplete submissions will not be processed and will be returned to the informant at their own expense.

Get PSA-authenticated Marriage Certificate Online

You may request PSA-authenticated copy of the ROM after 6 to 12 months from the date of reporting at To complete the online transaction, you will need the transmittal details (Reference Number, Despatch Number, Despatch Date and Transmittal Date) which can be obtained from the DFA Manila's Consular Records Division with email