philippine driver's license renewal
Filipinos abroad who hold authentic Philippine driver's license can now renew their expired license through a representative, per Land Transportation Office (LTO) Administrative Order No. RIB-2008-011, s. 2007.
The following documents must be presented by the applicant’s authorized representative:
- Applicant’s original driver’s license and receipt (plus one photocopy of each);
- Photocopy of the applicant’s Philippine passport (first page, visa page and departure from the Philippines and last arrival overseas);
- Special Power of Attorney (SPA) from the licensee to the LTO requesting the renewal and authorizing a representative to renew the license on his / her behalf. The SPA must be legalized/notarized by the Philippine Embassy or Consulate General
Where to apply?
- Applicants within the National Capital Region (NCR) or Metro Manila may apply for renewal at the License Section of the Central Office of the LTO in Quezon City.
- Representatives who are outside of NCR may apply at the field office of their choice.
What to expect after filing an application?
- Only an OFFICIAL RECEIPT will be issued by the LTO to those who apply for extensions on their driver’s license through a representative.
- A new ID-card can only be issued upon the arrival of the applicant at the LTO in the Philippines and compliance with all requirements for license renewal, including the biometrics capture, medical, vision and drug test.
Please visit the Land Transportation Office’s website and link below for updated information on requirements and corresponding fees.