BALLOT PACKETS RETURNED TO THE CONSULATE
If your name is on the list, please send an email to email@example.com with the subject “RTS + (your name)” to be informed of options on receiving your ballot packet.
Certified List of Overseas Voters
The list covers registered voters who reside in the following states: Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, and Vermont.
For any questions regarding the list, you may send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For those who recently moved and their current address is different from the registered address they provided during the registration period, they may send an email to email@example.com for instructions on how to receive their ballots in their current address.
ACCREDITATION GUIDELINES FOR MEDIA, OBSERVERS/MONITORS, AND CIVIL SOCIETY PARTNERS/VOLUNTEERS, 2022 NATIONAL ELECTIONS OVERSEAS
The Consulate General of the Philippines in New York informs the public that the Commission on Elections (COMELEC) issued Resolution No. 10776 dated 06 April 2022 respectively entitled GUIDELINES FOR ACCREDITATION OF MASS MEDIA ENTITIES, ELECTION OBSERVERS OR MONITORS, AND CIVIL SOCIETY PARTNERS IN CONNECTION WITH THE CONDUCT OF OVERSEAS VOTING FOR THE 2022 NATIONAL ELECTIONS OVERSEAS.
The deadline for filing applications for accreditation is on 18 April 2022. Applications filed after the said date and/or with incomplete requirements will not be entertained. Interested parties requesting accreditation need to submit the following:
1. Accreditation Application Form (Click here);
2. Two (2) recent 2″x 2″ or 5 cm by 5 cm; recently take in the last six (6) months;
3. An endorsement from the organization they are representing;
4. For mass media entities, an endorsement from the appropriate officer of the newspaper company, television station, radio station, internet company, broadcast entity, or film distributor which employs the applicant or has committed to air, distribute, or commission the work; and
5. In the case of freelancers, a valid assignment letter from the bona fide media organization for which the freelance is on assignment or proof of his/her previous accomplishments that are highly visible, respected, and widely-recognized.
Applications for accreditation should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Accreditation Application”.
For more information, please check COMELEC Resolution No. 10776 here.
Frequently Asked Questions about the 2022 National Elections
For the registered overseas voters in the US, we will be following postal voting: the ballots will be mailed to your registered address and you may either mail them back to the Consulate in New York or personally drop them off at the Philippine Center on 556 Fifth Avenue, New York NY. You have up to 7:00am of 09 May to personally drop them off at the Center.
The mode of voting for the Philippine Consulate General in New York is postal voting. Registered voters in this list: https://newyorkpcg.org/pcgny/consular-services/overseas-voting/ will receive their respective ballots through mail OR if they wish to have their ballots picked up, they may do so, once the Consulate is in receipt of these materials from COMELEC. Ballots mailed to the registered voter will either be mailed back to, OR dropped off at, the Consulate
For those who recently moved and their current address is different from the registered address they provided, they may send an email to email@example.com with the following attachments:
1. Copy of your valid PH passport or PH citizenship re-acquisition documents;
2. Duly accomplished OVF-1 (https://www.vancouverpcg.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/Overseas-Voting-form-OVF-1.pdf). Answer both the front page and back page. On the back page, the item to be answered is APPLICATION FOR CHANGE OF ADDRESS (WITHIN THE SAME POST AND COUNTRY) if you recently moved within areas under this Consulate’s jurisdiction (Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont). Otherwise, the item to be answered is APPLICATION FOR TRANSFER; and
3. Copy of a document showing proof of new/updated address (e.g. utility bill)
Yes, the Consulate is open 24 /7 for the entire voting period (including weekends and holidays) from 09 April 2022 to 08 May 2022 for registered voters who wish to personally drop off their ballots at the Consulate. The Consulate will be open on 09 May 2022, the last day for the casting of ballots until 7:00 a.m. Ballots received after 7:00am will no longer be counted.
Only Philippine citizens may participate in the overseas elections. You may petition for reacquisition of Philippine citizenship before the 09 May deadline to rectify this situation. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request for consideration.
Yes, a ballot receptacle box will be provided at the Philippine Center for voters who wish to personally drop off their sealed accomplished ballots.
All updates are posted on our website at https://newyorkpcg.org/pcgny/consular-services/overseas-voting/ or you may send all Overseas Voting related inquiries to email@example.com