claim gsis pension & benefits while abroad
Pensioners living abroad may enroll for the eCard Plus system via video call through Skype as well as renew their active status as pensioner of the Government Service Insurance System (GSIS).
Before going through the process, the following must be available and in place:
- Personal Computer or laptop
- Headset with microphone
- Internet connection
- Skype Account under member’s name
- Add GSIS’ Skype usernames to contact list, gsis.global1 / gsis.global2 / gsis.global3. / gsis.global4. / gsis.global5. / gsis.global6.
- Send the following information via email to email@example.com:
A. Skype username/account
B. Transaction Type
1. eCard Plus enrolment
2. Annual Renewal of Active Status (ARAS)
C. Full name – Last, First, Middle
D. Date of Birth
E. GSIS ID Number
F. Contact Number
G. Email address
H. Complete Mailing Address Abroad (with ZIPCODE)
I. Complete Mailing Address in the Philippines
3. Upon receipt of your email, we shall verify and validate the information provided. If all were found to be in order, we shall coordinate with you via email and ask your confirmation of the Skype video conference call schedule.
Note: The GSIS computerized enrollment kiosk installed by the GSIS at the Philippine Consulate General New York in 2007 was removed by the GSIS in 2008. Pensioners no longer need to come to the Consulate to personally enroll with the GSIS system, as they can do so on their own, through the procedure described above.
For more information, contact the GSIS through firstname.lastname@example.org.
- ARAS for pensioners based abroad is undertaken during its due/birth month.
- You will receive your monthly pension and withdraw its proceeds from any ATM abroad with VISA and/or VISA PLUS sign.
- A pensioner who opted LBP as servicing branch will no longer be allowed to transfer his UMID account back to UBP
- Pensioners based abroad who intend to use eCard/UMID are encouraged to choose UBP as servicing branch.
They can also can contacted through the following telephone numbers:
• Landline (Metro Manila ) 847-4747
• Globe Toll Free Number: 1-800-8-847-4747 (free from both Globe landline and mobile phone)
• PLDT/Smart Toll-Free Number: 1-800-10-847-4747 (free from PLDT landline: a flat rate of P8.00/per call from mobile phone)