FILIPINOS IN US NOT YET AFFECTED BY NEW TRAVEL RESTRICTIONS
The Philippine Consulate General in New York wishes to inform the public that Filipinos from the United States Northeast who are traveling to the Philippines are not covered by the new restrictions imposed on an additional number of countries due to the omicron variant of the coronavirus disease.
Kababayan flying in from the United States, except those who have been to red-listed countries recently, will be allowed entry subject to the same the testing and quarantine protocols for all inbound international travelers from yellow-listed countries per Resolution No. 149-A of the Inter-Agency Task Force on the Management of Infectious Diseases (IATF).
Under said resolution, starting November 22, fully-vaccinated individuals who have pre-departure RT-PCR tests within 72 hours will only need to undergo facility-based quarantine for three (3) days instead of the previously required five (5) days. After the third day, they would have to take an RT-PCR test. Once the test results turn out negative, they are enjoined to self-monitor up to the 14th day from the date of their arrival.
Said protocols do not cover kababayan and other travelers coming from red-listed countries that include South Africa, Botswana, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Lesotho, Eswatini and Mozambique, Austria, Czech Republic, Hungary, The Netherlands, Switzerland, Belgium and Italy effective November 28, 2021 until December 15, 2021.
Inbound international travel of all persons, regardless of vaccination status, coming from or who have been to red-listed countries/jurisdictions/territories within the last 14 days prior to arrival to any port of the Philippines shall not be allowed entry into the country.
For a copy of IATF Resolution No. 151-A, please visit the link below: